About Daniels' Foods Sentry Stores
- Early 1900s: Max Daniels starts a butcher shop.
- Early 1920s: Max's son, Lawrence, and a partner start a grocery store in Springfield.
- 1949: Jack and Robert Daniels, Lawrence's sons, take over ownership of a Kansasville grocery store.
- January 1960: Jack Daniels sells the Kansasville store and buys the Baldwin IGA in Walworth.
- May 1960: Jack and Kay Daniels' IGA Food Market becomes Sentry.
- November 1965: Jack and Kay Daniels build a new 16,000-square-foot store at 525 Kenosha St.
- May 1979: Jack and Terry Daniels (Jack's son) purchase the west-side Janesville Sentry store.
- 1997: Terry Daniels purchases Sentry store in Elkhorn.
- March 1999: Terry and Debi Daniels build the currently located Walworth Sentry store at 681 Kenosha St.
- 2001: Terry Daniels purchases the Sentry on the east side of Janesville and in Whitewater.
- 2003: Terry Daniels purchases Piggly Wiggly on the west side of Janesville and moves Sentry into that building.
- 2004: Terry Daniels purchases the old Kohls Food Store on the east side of Janesville. He moves his east-side store into this location.
- October 2009: Blake Daniels, Terry and Debi's son, joins the company.
- February 2010: Daniels' Sentry in Walworth earns Green Grocery Certification for energy-efficient upgrades to store.
- August 2010: Tyler Daniels, Terry and Debi's son, to join the company.
Daniels' Foods Sentry in Walworth, WI
Daniels' Foods Sentry offers an upscale shopping experience along with a friendly hometown atmosphere. Whether it is one of our many perishable departments or at our fuel station, freshness quality and customer service is our number one priority.
681 Kenosha St, Walworth, WI 53184-9546
East Janesville Location
Daniels' Foods Sentry in East Janesville, WI
Janesville East is the easiest retail grocery store in town to shop. Truly a neighborhood store based on size, layout, convenience and service. Carry out service is always available. Newly re-modeled in 2004.
2822 E Milwaukee St, Janesville, WI 53545-1361
West Janesville Location
Daniels' Foods Sentry in Elkhorn, WI
A small hometown store with clean, fresh and easy to shop perishable departments. Come shop Daniels' Foods Sentry Elkhorn and discover the difference, you will be glad you did!
801 N Wisconsin St, Elkhorn, WI 53121-1138
Daniels' Foods Sentry in Whitewater, WI
Daniels’ Foods Sentry offers a friendly hometown atmosphere, along with being home to the UW-Whitewater college campus. We hang our hat on quality perishable departments and serving our customers. We’re proud of our commitment to community involvement in Whitewater. Stop in and see us, we appreciate your business.
1260 W Main St, Whitewater, WI 53190-1661
Like us on Facebook!
WI Beef Council